Boris Johnson announces a four-week lockdown, to curb the second wave of the Coronavirus.
1. Rapid rise in COVID-cases forces England to go under another lockdown.
2. Tory MPs rage, claim of facing a “bleak winter”.
3. England government extends the furlough scheme till December.
Boris Johnson announces a fresh lockdown in a bid to enjoy Christmas:
England faces a month of national lockdown regulations from Thursday after Boris Johnson distinct new plans in a bid to fight coronavirus. Pubs, eating places, gyms, non-critical stores, and locations of worship will near, however schools, schools, and universities can live openly. Mr Johnson is predicted to supply a declaration withinside the Commons on Monday. The statement has sparked anger from a few Tory MPs, and enterprise leaders have warned of a “bleak midwinter”.
Furlough scheme in England to be prolonged till December:
Hours earlier than the furlough scheme became because of the end, the authorities stated that it’d be prolonged till December, overlaying 80% of worker wages. Dame Carolyn Fairbairn, Confederation of British Industry director-general, stated extending furlough became an “important step”, including that low-priced mass checking out could be the “game-changer” for businesses, allowing greater organizations to live open.
Under the UK’s brand-new regulations:
• People are being informed to live at domestic until they have got a particular cause to go away, together with paintings which cannot be executed from domestic, and education.
• People also are allowed to go away domestic for exercise, scientific reasons, meals, and different critical buying, and offering take care of inclined human beings or for volunteering.
• Meeting interior or in personal gardens will now no longer be allowed.
• Pubs, bars, eating places and non-critical retail will near however takeaways and click-and-gather buying stay open.
• Children can circulate among houses if their mother and father are separated.